Thursday, October 1, 2009

Final month and back home

Howdy,

I have again failed to do timely updates. My apologies.

A lot has transpired in the last month. I spent month 3 making steady progress in my overall health. I have gained back enough energy to start doing normal functions again. In fact, 2 weeks ago I was cleared to start working part time from my apartment near Stanford. 2 days ago I was released to come home with once a week appointments still to take place at Stanford. We are getting set up again here at home. Its funny, after 3 months Stanford started feeling like home. I still have a ways to go in full recovery (approx. one year) but steady progress is being made.

I want to thank everyone for their encouragement and support during the initial stages of my treatment. It was the support of all that kept my attitude positive and a strong desire to recover.

I will still update my blog (better than the last month) and keep you posted. There are some very important test results that I should hear about in approx. 1 week.

Take care, Mike

PS. Work is a good thing for me. Almost therapeutic to some extent. I love what I do and who I work with. Like a family away from home.

3 comments:

  1. Well it's about dang time! You were starting to remind me of Shelby in your blogging efforts...haha Glad you guys are able to be home and enjoy working side by side. ;)
    Love you papason! Keeping the prayers strong for the upcoming results!(I will miss having you guys so close but will hopefully be able to take advantage of the drive throughs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, I wish I could be there and give you a "high five" for pulling through. (When we were young kids, remember the "fives" we gave each other out the car window of our vehicles as we drove away ((well our parents were driving)) from our visits to each others house?)
    I hope we can get out to see you and Sheila before long. We pray for you both and hope you are as well as possible. All our love Mark and Elaine and family.

    ReplyDelete