Friday, September 4, 2009

Blood, counts and the Ritz Carlton

Howdy,

First let me apologize for how long it's been since my last post. I will be better.

Got some pretty good new today on the donor vs. my own cell counts. I've come from 9%to 29% in Donor grafted status. While not on a normal schedule, (were playing by Mikes rules) I've come from 3% to 9% to now 29% donor cells grafted in. We are headed in the right direction, just on a different path of progression. Ya know, I've never been completely normal so why would I expect anything different here. I consider this good positive news. It will be a month until they check again and if the ratio's hold true, count should go from 29% to mid 80's next time. My white blood cells also hit a all time high of 3.7. Only .3 away from being in the low side of the normal range which is generally where I hang. I did need 2 units of blood today, bring me to a total of 8 units now infused in me. This should give me a boost on the energy side. All good stuff.

Your probably wondering what this all has to do with the Ritz Carlton. Let me explain. The coast is only 30 minutes away from us. We drove down yesterday and in Half Moon Bay saw some side streets marked "to the coast". Followed the signs and it drove us right to the Ritz with a huge spread on the ocean and beautiful golf course on the beach front. So we said, "what the heck, lets give it a try". Had to get a special pass to get in with our own gate code for parking. When then walked to the back side of the Ritz and wondered up to their overlook for the beach and golf course. Parked ourselves in some nice wooded beach chairs and kicked back for a few hours watching the 18th hole and coast. We even brought our own lunch so had a very nice afternoon in Ritz style for free. With my mask, shades, and hat, looked so scary the staff didn't dare approach me. I was giving Darth Vader a run for his money.

Well life is good. Progress is being made, and we are on the down side of getting to come home. Stay well, enjoy and see ya all soon.

Take care, Mike

1 comment:

  1. Moving in the right direction, we'll take it! You always do seem to do things on your own time and somewhat differently than expected. Why should this be any other way? The fact is, you always champion in the end. Who needs a normal schedule anyway? :) Love you papason!

    ReplyDelete