Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ridding the rolacoster

Just when I thought I was on the upswing, took a minor step back. Last weekend was great, but started not feeling well, counts went down a bit, with esophagus and stomach pain back front and center. Then during a treatment a migraine headache came up with prism lights and blurred vision. Thought I was back in the late 60's for a moment. No worries, this to shall pass, with good days on the horizon.

Starting to gain some friends going through the same thing as I. There is one gentlemen about my age and we both got our stem cell infusion on the same day (20 days ago). His name is Mike as well. We both get the same symptoms, mirror almost perfectly, causing the nurses to nick name us "the evil twins". I'm still scratching my head on the "evil" part, but I'm glad we can give them a smile now and again. I promise, I'm not harassing them. Ya see ya want to stay on the good side of people who see and take care of you 3 days a week, injecting you with all manor of fluids, ect.

Stay well my friends, smile to one extra party today, for each day is a gift, a gift from God.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Papa #2! I hope things are on the upswing. My mom is visiting us in Utah and linked me to your blog. She says she wishes you well and will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete