Sunday, July 19, 2009

Scope went well, starting on the mend

The scope didn't produce anything unexpected. Lots of redness and some swelling all the way down and into to stomach. They say this will pass and is due to the amount of radiation I received. Two months ago Standford upped the amount of radiation given feeling that additional long term benefit would be gained.

On Thursday I believe I hit my low. Couldn't get out of bed for to long with energy levels at an all time low. They predicted this would happen right around this time and slowly I should start feeling better. I'm still boarderline neutropenic so have to be real carefull going outside and whom I'm around. Wouldn't want to catch a virus now.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday were much better days. I could tell there was some energy coming back and I could sit up for extended periods of time and have some good conversation. Hopefully this trend will continue.

I'm day 15 post transplant. At this point all my stem cells should be seeded, mature, and in the soft tissue of the bone. They are now producing new cells if all is on plan. In a little over 2 weeks they do their first official check of determining how many new cells (B positive) in ratio to my existing O positive cells. They are hoping it will be a 50/50 split. Within 3 months post transplant I shoud be 100% B positve and get to go home. That would be awesome.

I am fully back on the bull who is not knocking me off. Persistence will prevail wiht the trophy on the horizon.

Take care, Mike

2 comments:

  1. We had such a great time with you this weekend. We'll do it again soon. Love you papason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy Janoff and I were discussing you this morning in the PHX branch as we were both getting our morning cup of Joe. She said she read your blog, but was unable to enter a comment. She told me about the first time she met you and how she marvelled at how positive you were for being a two-time cancer survivor. When she first got diagnosed and went to her first round of chemo, she thought to herself, "If Mike Noakes can do this so can I." I thought that was pretty inspiring so I wanted to share with you.
    You asked in your prior note why you were so blessed. You are blessed my friend as you have been a blessing to others. I know you helped me too when I was first diagnosed. Life is so precious and I am glad to hear that you are appreciating all the gifts you have been given.
    Juli Queen

    ReplyDelete