Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Trying to stay on the bull - 8 seconds at a time

This phase of treatment in the recovery process they say is the hardest. With a caveat that you don't develop graft vs. host disease once the new cells start producing. That is a new chapter I hope I don't have to write. The fatigue is getting pretty severe. Hard to do much walking and I get winded very easy. I've developed sores in my throat and esophagus that is making it very hard to swallow. The last 3 days the only way I can eat is take some liquid lortab (vicodin)then wait 30 minutes before eating. Swallowing pills, something I could do very easy is a dreaded event. I have to take only one at a time, and at times the pill gets stuck in my throat why I desperately try and get it to go down. If this condition doesn't improve in the next few days they are going to take a scope and look down my esophagus to see what cooking. All factors considered, nothing to complain about. As Joe Friday on Dragnet would say "just the facts mam". Talk to ya all later.

13 comments:

  1. Well that sounds fun... so sorry dad. However, in about 40 minutes it will officially be your birthday!!! Two words...soy pudding. ;) Your positivity in the midst of trial is one of the many many qualities you have I hope is a genetic thing. You're my superman papason. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Robin A..
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU..
    Happy Birthday I hope you are better .
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...

    AND I AM CONFIDENT.. YOU WILL HAVE ''''MANY MORE''''

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Boss!!! Don't party too hard! I love reading your blog, thanks for keeping us all up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was me, Annette, who just commented...not Robin. But I don't mind having a dual personality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Mike! You really know how to have a good time on your birthday. :) Hope those throat sores go away quickly. We are praying for you. Love, Sharon & Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Mr. Noakes!!!!
    Reading through your blog has been a trip down memory lane for me and my battle. Sounds like your battle is a tougher, but you just keep your eye on the prize!
    May all your birthday wishes come true!
    Blessings,
    Juli Q

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Mr. Noakes, on 2 accounts! Love reading your blog... my thoughts and prayers are with you :-)
    -Desie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
    Thanks fopr the update and I wish you the very best:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!! I know you will have many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Mike- we have the same blood type. Only 10 % of the population has B pos. We're praying for you. Hang in there. Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Mike! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and may this get easier for you every day. Your strength and optimism are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Michael. Glad to hear of your excellent progress. We talked about you today in the HP quorum, and Larry Armstrong gave us your blog site address. We all wish you well and look forward to a good recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brother Noakes!
    First off I want to wish you a Happy Birthday even though I am writing this on Sunday haha! I am so sorry that everything is so painful I can't imagine the agony that you are going through. But you will make it! You have a strong spirit that is not easily broken and you bring hope to others! I wish you the best and pray for you everyday. May the Lord be with you and I feel that he is standing right beside you watching over you and giving you peace and comfort. You keep on fighting and being the great person you are! Thank you for all that you do! Keep fighting and staying tough!

    ReplyDelete