Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Time for a scope - what are those pests doing now?

Howdy,

Due to the fact I've been having some throat, esopogas, and stomach pain that doesn't seem to want to go away, they are going to put me under what they they call consious sedation, (not sure what is consious about sedation) and take this small size garden hose down my throat to see if anything there is misbehaving. They say this is not to uncommon due to the chemo and radiation doing a number on the lining of the tissue in question. Only takes about an hour post prep, so I should be singing opera (almost spelled Ophra - my afternoon friend, got to love Dr. Oz) within a few days after.

I want to thank everyone who has said such nice things regarding my posts. In all seriousness it means so much to me. The support I get from family, friends both from work and out of, fellow church mates, really lifts the spirits and you step back and say "why am I so blessed"? Thanks again, I love you all.

Being at the hospital almost every day, talking to and observing others had made me realize that not many have the same love and support that I do. When I get on Skype and see my grandchildren sing me songs it nearly brings me to tears. I love them all so much. I even wrote a nursery rhymm called "The fish and I" (Like the King and I with a twist - just kidding). My 4 year old Halle has it memorized and it melts my heart when she sings it. Maybe my donor is a poet and some cells are sneaking out.

Ya all take care, Michael

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mike!
    Your call made my day! You sound great! I've been catching up on your posts and especially enjoyed your June 29th post. It's just like you to keep the nurses on their toes! Hurry up and come back to work cause Gabe & Wayne aren't as funny as you. :)

    Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. we think of you oftn, i check your blog on a regular vasa=sis annd check through nicole on facebook.sooo glad to hear about uour goo daus.Glad uyou and nicolre got to spemd sie time together.its getting late and i camt see weell.

    ReplyDelete