Monday, June 29, 2009

3 days post hospital

It was great to get into our hotel (Marriot Residence Inn) room on Friday night. I also got a 2 day rest from treatment. I think we brought half our house here, Sheila already has the place looking like home. It's a nice 2 bedroom wiht a full kitchen. It should serve us well. I have my computer fully set up (brought from home) and can even print, a comfort a wanted to have. Overall a fair weekend heath wise. Did real well on Saturday and then had a down day Sunday. Had radiation treatment this morning and doing pretty good. I'm really looking forward to Friday when I get the actual transplant.

Side note - you know the unit you have at the hospital that controls the TV and can call the nurse? Well I learned one more function it serves on Friday afternoon before being released. Thinking I was unplugging something else, I accidently pulled the plug out of the wall. To my surpise the alarms outside my room went off and a host of nurses and doctors were converging on me. I quickly plugged it back and said whoops, sorry.....Turns out doing this signals a "code blue" meaning I'm trying to check out permanently prematurely. After being properly educated about not doing this again and causing a planned panic, I smiled and said...."just a fire drill guys", glad to see it worked. Smile........

7 comments:

  1. Haaa...glad you're keeping the staff on their toes! Thanks for keeping this blog, I love seeing how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning.
    Annette let me use her account.. You know how computer savvy I'm not!! LOL.
    I check on you every day.. Glad to see you are doing well.
    Anything, Anytime, Anywhere.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. **So make sure you look at the bottom..
    to see who is actually writing you..
    me or Annette...
    Just another thing to keep you on your toes.

    HE HE HE

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha laughing histerically!!! Only you could get in trouble from a hospital bed! On the other hand, comforting to know they are so on top of things. This weekend we'll be in Rocklin, but the next one I'll be coming down to take care of ya and cook some good non dairy food! haha Love you papason!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike, I think it is always a good idea to see how the staff responds to "pulling the plug!" You know that "call" button never works very well anyway. They come in after about 15 minutes and say "did you need something?" Which is only about 14 minutes too late if your heart stopped or something. Ha ha! :) Anyway, I will rest easier knowing they are paying attention! Get well and get back to Rocklin soon. Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday - what a great way to start your new life :-) I just wanted to say it is so wonderful to read your blog and see how things are going. You are truly an inspiration ~ Keep it up, keep those nurses on their toes (LOL ~ code blue story).. I wish the best for you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mike, I'm glad you are keeping your sense of humor. Glad the healing will begin soon...because I need someone to beat at golf! I really enjoyed the time we spent on the range. Didn't know I missed your birthday but accept a belated Happy Birthday from me. Hang in there big guy! As I told you before, all prayers are for you. Robie B.

    ReplyDelete