Sunday, June 21, 2009

It starts today

The day has finally arrived. I get admitted to the hospital today. This last week was spent at Stanford going through all my final outpatient appointments, getting the line placed in my chest (outpatient procedure) for all the drugs to soon be administered, ect. I thought by now I'd be more nervous about all the is going to transpire but I'm not. Maybe when the radiation and chemo type agents beginning tomorrow it will set in. For the moment, seems like "just another day at the office" with the ongoing battle of cancer. It's interesting, having lived with cancer for 13 years, it is just a part of life, experiencing active cancer, treatments, remissions, re-occurrence, ect. You get to the point that you just "go with the flow". The thought of going through this transplant and having a potential cure is still a bit surreal. I look forward to that day a year or so away when the doctor says, "there is no sign of cancer in your body, with a solid chance it will never reoccur". It will be like getting a new lease on life. Even if that doesn't happen, I have no complaints. I've been blessed with 52 great years, a wonderful family, and happiness in life. What more could one ask for. Next time I make a post might not be feeling so good. But that is just life, taking the good times with the not so good. It all adds to the pallet of life, full of color and joy.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Father's Day daddy. Today is the day. One great man said, today is the first day of the rest of my life. I think that is fitting, and I think he will be watching down and with you every step of the way. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will keep you in our prayers. Call anytime you want to talk to the kids and maybe they can say something crazy that will bring a smile to you. We love you!

    ReplyDelete