Thursday, June 11, 2009

Teaching for transplant

6-9-09 - Went to 2 classes today at Standford in preparation for the transplant and to be better educated on how life will change post transplant. Pretty informative and eye opening. I thought I had done a fair amount of research but definitely learned some new things. At one point it almost got comical. They told me that post transplant I had to be careful about going in the sun. Long sleeve shirts, sunscreen, avoiding mid day sun, etc. I then said, "so this means for the first 3-6 months, correct?" They stated "no, for the rest of your life." My reply, "that's just not possible, I golf". Their reply, "only after 4 pm." I stated, "we need to negotiate." They stated, "no negotiations." I concluded by saying, "I guess that means I won't be moving to Arizona anytime soon." I guess their the boss. Darn. Overall a pretty productive day.

2 comments:

  1. Take it from me...it is too hot in Arizona anyways. ha ha!
    Keep up your great attitude. My oncologist told me that people with a positive attitude have quicker recoveries and lower reoccurrence rates.
    Juli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mike,

    Nice to be back at the Hotel, knowing you it's probably a 5 star Marriott. Obviously from reading your posts you've seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I think it was Deep Purple that wrote in there song "Sweet child in time" about seeing all side. "Sweet child in time you'll see the line The line that's drawn between the good and the bad". Had a great time with you at the co
    ncert, I think we were the oldest ones there.... Keep those posts coming, I look forward to following your speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete