Friday, June 12, 2009

Last day at work

Today was my last day worked prior to my transplant. The support from the entire Department today has been a bit overwhelming and humbling. It's amazing to see how many people truly care and offer their support and prayers. My place of employment has become my home away from home. I care deeply for everyone I work with and their support is very uplifting. In life we don't have to "go it alone" and with the support from work, home, family and friends, my odds for success go up exponentially. I'm leaving today with a bit of emotion, knowing it will be a while until I can return. I will stay in contact and look forward to celebrating when I get to come back and once again enjoy the support, care, and friendship of those I work and serve with.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mike- we have the same blood type now and I think only 10% of the population have B positive
    We're praying for you. Hang in there. Jacque

    ReplyDelete